Today I went to the MAC Warehouse! My mom managed to score 2 tickets for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as a gift from the security guy from her office. Unfortunately I was unable to go Friday, so I gave the tickets to my friend and asked her to pick up a charity bag for me (which I have yet to find out the contents).
However, if you have been to the MAC warehouse sale before, you will be disappointed by the warehouse sale now. Personally, I am more interested in makeup pigments (ie: eyeshadow, blush, & lip products) opposed to foundations, concealers, and skincare. The MAC warehouse was surprisingly not packed and the selections are definitely shrinking as the prices go up.
Notable Changes from Previous Warehouse Sales:
- There are approximately 4 tables for eye pigments, and the price has increased to $12 per product and one table for palettes. Unfortunately, I do not recall the price of the palettes. They were mostly the quads from MAC and previous holiday collection palettes.
- There are now 2 tables for blushes and bronzers - ringing $15 per product.
- Lastly, there are now a sparse 2 tables longer tables for lip products - $10 per product.
- Although not to complain about charity items, but charity items are now 3 for $5 opposed to 4 for $5.
- The $3 bins (although $4 bins for quite some time now) have pretty much nothing - this time they had sample sizes of Clinique Flirty Honey, an empty pattern travel jar, 2 types of false lashes (one I picked up, one super short ~1cm), Clinique Happy Fragrance Mini, and Clinique Mascara Samples. Unfortunately on Saturday they do not have anymore $4 eyeshadow/blush pans.
There were a lot of fragrances (DKNY branded especially) and a lot of skin and hair care from brands such as Origins, Bumble and Bumble, Ojon, MAC, Bobbi Brown, and Estee Lauder.
Anyways, now to my haul!
I picked up the following:
- Clinique Chubby Stick in 07 Super Strawberry - $10 + tax
- MAC 42 False Lashes - $4 + tax
- Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Always Sunny - Gift for trading in entrance ticket
- Eye Shadow in Heaven & Earth and Pretty & Prim and a Mattene Lipstick Semi-Mat in Nocurnal Insticts - $5 Charity Bag (no tax)
All in all, I used to spend hours at the MAC warehouse - and I spent a record 25 minutes in and out. There was no line, so I will probably cash in my Sunday tickets for the Sunday gift and to check out the Sunday charity bag.
Bottom Line: If you don't have the tickets, they aren't worth the $20 you normally pay to get them off Kijiji (although ticket holders are not supposed to sell tickets). The selection of this warehouse has gone down quite a lot, in terms of the products that I am interested in, and the prices have also gone up. If you haven't been before, it may be worthwhile to check it out if you are able to get your hands on some tickets (or super cheap ones) but otherwise just save your $20 entrance fee and spend it towards stuff you really want from the actual MAC stores. If you have been to the warehouse before, it's not worth your time if your just browsing for a good deal. You're better off going to the NARS/Shiseido Warehouse if you want to save your time.
Hope this helps!
I went back on Sunday - the free gift was the same product & so was the charity bag (with the Pretty & Prim eyeshadow swapped out for Sage & Wisdom). Additionally, there was last day sales, where selected palettes were BOGO and $2 cosmetic bags were $1. I may have missed it yesterday, but there were $4 eyeshadow pans - but only Plumage - and all of the pans were in bad condition, shattered, touched, etc. I was only able to find 1 decent one, which needed to have the surface wiped and sterilized.