Saturday 14 December 2013

New in My Closet :: Magenta Madness Sale Haul - Burberry Trench Coat

The Magenta Madness Sale was pretty crazy at Yorkdale's Holt Renfrew last night! I originally wanted to go to see if the Alexander Wang Rockie was 50% off, but it turns out that Marc by Marc Jacobs and Burberry (amongst other things too) were on sale!

I went to line up to get a MbMJ Fran, but by the time I was able to get into the leased store, they were sold out :(

But the shopping trip was also a success! I've told myself when I graduate and can afford a Burberry trench coat, I would get one (since they are $1k+!). But it turns out that the Burberry RTW was surprisingly 50% off (which never happens)!!! So I was able to get my hands on it with the money I saved up for my MbMJ Fran! Hopefully, the burgundy/wine coloured Fran will stick around for awhile as it's still a bag on my wishlist. I was the first ones to apparently recognize the Burberry sale (since the Burberry sale starts for 1 hour at 10pm; I grabbed them and put it on hold / suspended purchase at 9pm)... after people saw me get it they were gone like crazy. I managed to help my mom buy one for herself and my dad too - so the whole family matches! :D Anyways, this probably means I should return my Club Monaco Trench I scored from Black Friday.



Edit: I found out later that Burberry went on sale since Burberry is no longer being sold by Holt Renfrew. Burberry has become a leased brand within the company. This means that Burberry rents out their own store within Holts and is responsible for sales and all things associated with it. Holts no longer has control over their merchandise though leased companies can opt to participate in a company wide sale.

Thanks for reading!
elle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my post! I'd love to hear what you say! Don't forget to check back to see my response if you ask any questions!

elle xx